Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Mindful of the Message

But adding to concerns over security is Ohio's status as an "open carry" state, meaning it's legal to carry a gun in the open without a permit. One supporter of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump, has already asked Cleveland march participants to be mindful of the message that openly carrying might convey.
"We really don't want people to bring long guns," said Tim Selaty Sr., lead organizer for Citizens for Trump. [More]
For those considering it, a personal cost/benefit analysis would be helpful. I'd start with asking what level of training, experience, preparedness and judgment I had to validate making myself highly visible in a heightened risk situation, one that could quickly explode into chaotic madness, as the most beneficial course of action open to me.

UPDATE: Like I said...  and depending on how it's done, it's not necessarily a bad thing...

No comments: