Thursday, December 29, 2016

On the Money

As for me, I have increased my membership to patron. I will make extra donations to the NRA so they have what they need to fight back with. Mr. C, would it help to make extra donations to GOA, CCKBA, etc or just the NRA? [More]
I typically stay out of comments under my articles -- I figure I've had my say, and now it's time for the readers to have theirs. At times I make exceptions if it looks like clarification or a direct answer is appropriate, but otherwise I steer clear -- even though the temptation to defend myself is sometimes great.

What I more often do is post comments meriting further discussion here, where a wider readership can see them, and also to keep from derailing the conversation I'm inviting readers to have under my article.

It's no secret that even though I'm an NRA Life member, I gravitate toward GOA more than any other national group.  That said, as this question relates to responding to legal attacks, I'd make sure to earmark such donations to help fill the legal warchest of whichever group, not just give to the organization as a whole.

So if this article inspired a donation to NRA, make it to the Civil Rights Defense Fund. CCRKBA has a different mission, one of education -- the "legal" arm for court challenges is SAF.  GOA does its legal work though Gun Owners Foundation.

And as we saw in last night's late-breaking story from Nevada, some of the most critical work is being done at the state level. Find your state group(s) and see where they need help.

While money is critical, don't forget: So is participation.

3 comments:

Bluesgal said...

wait what? so calling it "assault rifle" is not evil enough...

now it's "and charged him with manufacture/possession of a weapon of mass death and destruction "

You nailed... "Headlines and Hysteria"

Anonymous said...

Wife and I are Life Members NRA, CCKBA and the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

Whipoorwill said...

Those who call the NRA as Terrorists Democrats are the same ones who founded the KKK the late Robert Byrd was Grand Wizard in the KKK and Democratic president Woodrow Wilson was a Racsists and the first gun control laws were passed to keep the newly freed slaves for obtaining firearms