Thursday, December 01, 2016

Thank Your Lucky Stars

Once they’re off script, we’re basically dealing with people who live in a bubble of celebrity privilege, where those at the top attain their station and remain there by adhering to Hollywood’s “progressive” orthodoxy, one that will tolerate no “heresies” nor recognize and reward traditional “conservative” American values. That probably goes a long way to explain how screwed up so many of these people are in real life, as evidenced by the celebrity tabloids screaming about their latest scandals from the supermarket checkout counter racks. So few of them, it seems, control themselves. How telling those seem to be the ones bent on controlling the rest of us. [More]
What do Kim Kardashian, Uma Thurman, Ethan Hawke, Mark Wahlberg, John Mayer and Chris Evans have in common?  Go on, guess.

(I actually submitted this at the start of last month, but my editor told me I had a day before press time to submit an election post-mortem.  I actually prepped two outlines and fleshed out the one where Trump won the day after the vote.)

1 comment:

Bad Cyborg said...

Hildabeast said, "You shouldn’t be able to exploit loopholes and evade criminal background checks by buying online or at a gun show."

Guess I went to the wrong gun shows and bought from the wrong mailorder houses. Every gun I have ever purchased - either from a gun store, sporting goods store, WALMART - or online (two different firms) or dealer at a gun show, I had to pass a criminal background check. Do they actually have gun shows were the FFL holders at their tables don't do ICBC on every customer? Really? And are there really online gun stores which ship merchandise direct to the customer instead of to a FFL holder who has already sent them proof of holding a FFL? And, how do the online places get the guns to the customer? Every one with which I have dealt refused to ship anywhere but to one of those aforementioned FFLs.

DAMN! David. Guess I've been shopping at the wrong places. Can anybody put me onto some online gun sellers who ship direct to the customer?