Wednesday, December 27, 2017

You Can Stop the Signal?



War On Guns Correspondent Neil W was one of the readers who sent me a link that resulted in this post. As is my practice, I sent him my link to let him know his tip was used.

Facebook marked my reply as spam on a thread he initiated with me. It's not the first time he's alerted me to that.

My whole policy on "social media" -- I don't use it for social stuff, but solely to publicize my work.  As such, I don't send out "friend requests" because that would be spamming. All of my "friends" initiated contact with me, and I screen them to try and avoid trolls and whores.  Ditto, I find I'm in a lot of groups I never even heard of -- someone took it on themselves to add me. So if any of those don't want to see my links, they're free to back away.

What I don't know is if an anti did slip in and has filed spam complaints, if someone or some algorithm at Facebook is doing it, or if this particular account has a security setting triggering a spam designator. Naturally there is no obvious way to contact anyone on Team Zuckerberg and who's got time to waste on "help groups"?

Right now I have one question: Anybody else on Facebook seeing my links tagged as spam?

4 comments:

Neil E. Wright said...

Well, David. Your reply and link to this post was ALSO marked as spam. My settings are to "allow" anyone in my friends list to post to my page. I neglected to take a screen shot of it, because it's been a long night, and I should be taking a nap now so I can get up and teach my classes tonight. :)
Have a great rest of your day, and may you have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
REFUSE. RESIST. Do NOT Submit! ★ FREEDOM! ★

excitedVulcan said...

I've not seen your links marked as spam. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen any link marked as such...

Henry said...

I don’t use Twitter, so maybe I’m missing something… but could somebody have complained about your tweet because the implication that your AmmoLand piece would be ABOUT this incident wasn’t clear to him? Someone unfamiliar with AmmoLand might have assumed you were promoting an unrelated issue.

John Otis Comeau said...

never happened to me.